Monday, April 24, 2006

Earth Day Weekend and The Segway

Well, I did my share on Earth Day weekend. 34 miles on the Segway when I might have driven the Hybrid instead. That which would have cost me $2.29 in gasoline costs only set me back about 17 cents of electricity costs. Not a lot by any stretch, but if every American drove 34 miles less on a weekend and spent $2.12 less on gas, let's see, that's about 3.4 BILLION fewer miles driven and $212 million saved in gas money, figuring about 100 million USA drivers. I did my part FOR SURE. As far as the 375VA UPS charging the Segway - NOT !! It charged it for about 5 minutes before running out of juice. Not good.

The Scottsdale Culinary Festival was "OK" but not great. I never got a good map, so I did not really know where EVERYTHING was located. I ate a couple of chicken tacos at one place, a shrimp cocktail at another, some chips and salsa at another, some strawberry shortcake at another, and hit the Gelato Spot two different times. Did not see ONE PERSON besides myself wearing Crocs. Sad.

On Sunday, the kids and I biked/Segged to the Phoenix Zoo. That was fun. Kids enjoyed the new Treehouse and play areas. They have added a water play zone too, and we'll hit that next time if we go in hot weather. I always forget how much walking that Zoo entails - whew !!

No comments: