Monday, April 03, 2006

Long Segway/Bike journey Saturday April 1st (not an April Fool Joke)

The kiddos and I left the house on a LONG trip Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. First stop was about 2.5 miles away, at a Great Clips, where I got my hair butchered by a young costmetologist who MUST have just gotten out of school last week. She was slow and bad. She left me a very short spot right on top of my head, making me look like I'm balding, which I'm not. Anyway, second stop was Kiwanis Park in Tempe, about 2.5 miles from there. We made it OK, fed the ducks some bread, I gave one smelly young 13 year old a test drive on the Segway, and the kids played while I read my book.

We wanted to get to the movies by the 12:15 show, so we left the Park at 11:20 and headed back to the Mall. Got to the Mall, locked the bikes, then took the Segway inside with me to my movie. I saw Slither, a very funny movie, and the kiddos saw Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. Then we went to a little carnival in the corner of the Mall parking lot and the kids quickly spent $26 on ride tickets and games. After that, it was "around the Mall" to the Baseline exit and on to Aunt Chiladas for a late lunch. Got home at 4:30 p.m., making the whole trip an 8-hour event. Much fun !!

No comments: