Saturday, April 08, 2006

This morning, after the HIGH SPEED CRASH from yesterday, I realized I *HAD INDEED* learned from my crash.

My left side tire AGAIN slipped off a sidewalk into some gravel when I was going almost full speed. This time, instead of crashing, however, I held onto the handlebar with my right hand, stepped off with my left foot, and pulled the handlebar back enough to slow to a stop while my right foot was still on the platform and my left foot had hopped twice on the ground. I got back on, steered it back completely onto the sidewalk, and continued onward.

I also went through the drive-thru at Filibertos for a burrito. The lady never even looked at me funny. There were two cars which came in behind me. Very cool.

Last night, on the way home, a little 12 or 13 year old Mexican girl passed me going the other way on the sidewalk and I SWEAR she looked at me like I was the Virgin Mary or an Alien or the Devil Himself. The look of amazement and confusion on her face was priceless !! I wonder what she told her family when she got home ??? :)

No comments: